Thursday, January 11, 2007

My new friend Sadie

 


Sadie was my Solstice/Christmas present this year. I grew up around other peoples' corgis and have always wanted one myself. Sadie is a four year old rescue from a breeder who became too fat to breed and so was given up for rescue. Because she has spent most of her life confined, the concept of play and basic obedience commands are unknown to her. She is charming, amenable, and picked up the basic sit, stay and leave it within a couple of days of arriving here. Playing is coming slowly. Yesterday for the first time she actually got the idea of chasing the ball and returning it to me and now wants to do that constantly.

She is a great dog and will be even better as she settles in. She understands that she is outnumbered by the cats who are all bigger in height but not in bulk, and she understands that barking in the house is not permitted although we do allow conversation and comments in a doggy sotto voce.

Between working with her and recovering from a hand injury which was caused by a jar shattering in my hand on December 26, the fiber activities have slowed down a bit, but I am slowing remastering knitting with no feeling in my right index finger so there is progress there as well.

So far this week I have biked 60 miles which was one of my planned activities for the new year, and I have finished the second of three units in Vetrinary A&P, along with a large chunk including a descriptive essay of Sadie, who else? for the required but redundant English Composition class.

I am eager for my hand to heal up enough that I can handle fine knitting needles as there is currently a "gansey" knitting workshop that I want to participate in. Instead I am auditing and reading the files and will do it on my own at some point. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leslie Shelor said...

Still a busy lady, I see! Sadie is beautiful!

monki said...

Sadie is beautiful! She'll do just fine holding her own against the felines. So to see your hand injury hasn't stopped you in your tracks - but then again, you're upstoppable!