Monday, March 03, 2008

And the dead shall rise to be counted

To Whom It May Concern:

Dear Political Candidates, wives, children. friends and acquaintances of Political Candidates, PACs, political parties and caucuses, friends of school boards, city councils, judges, sheriffs and state representatives and including anyone who thinks they may have once met, been introduced or seen any of the above at any sort of a public political function: This is too inform you that I will not be answering my telephone at anytime between now and the November election. I may not even answer it after that either.

Do not tell me who to vote for or who you support, as I will simply vote against you to spite you and to prove that all that money you are pouring into canned telephone messages reminding me to vote, when to vote, where to vote, who to vote for and why I should vote for your choice, is doing nothing to improve your political cause and is irritating the hell out of me. Please don't bless me or the country, state, county, city or street I live on either. You have no idea who I am or what I believe.

Tomorrow is the Texas primary. I came home from two hours of telephone free time at the gym today to 17 canned messages. Since then I have acquired and erased another 17 and the telephone is still ringing every 8-10 minutes.

So to those of you who need to contact me, and know me well enough to have my cell phone number, I would suggest you try reaching me that way. Of course, since I do not carry it with me at all times, the only thing I can promise is that
I may even answer it if I happen to be within 10 feet of my purse and happen to hear it ring.

You could try email, but I only check that once a day or so.

Better yet, drop by and see if I am home. You have a 50/50 chance, better if the weather is miserable, worse if the weather is not. If I'm not home, you can leave a note on the garage door.

Write me a letter, the mail still works, sort of...

If all else fails, carrier pigeons anyone?

1 comment:

monki said...

You said it girl! There's a sale at the pet shop, so think I"ll grab myself a carrier pigeon as well..