Saturday, May 24, 2008

UGRR Day 15 Kentucky Dam Village-free day



A bike rider's laundromat

Today was my birthday. Since this is a day off and everyone is on their own, it was celebrated by the group last night by a card, signed by everyone, a German Chocolate cake cooked in the Dutch oven by Patty and a singing of "Happy Birthday." Quite a celebration.

As a treat to myself I indulged myself in a deep tissue message, did my laundry, as did every other biker, and then just spent the rest of the day being lazy. Kirsten came back from a trip to the bike shop with lunch, and then I started out to write postcards but got distracted by an afternoon nap and a late dinner. After so many days of exercise I had a real craving for protein so I went whole hog with Bourbon Barbecue pork chops and freshly steamed asparagus. Yumm!

After dinner Kris and I took a walk along the shore line to look at the Kentucky Dam from a safe distance. Kentucky Lake is huge and the marina was filling up with boats coming in for the Memorial Day weekend. In spite of the traffic, the evening was peaceful enough to enjoy the lapping of the waves and the evening songs of the birds.

I have clean shorts, underpants, t-shirts and underwear. Life is good!



1 comment:

Devorah said...

I'm really enjoying following your adventures. Thank you for sharing them! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!