Monday, November 15, 2004

new to the world of blogging

Himself has started his new job today. After 10 months of unemployment, the house seems strangely empty without him. So far my time (three months) in Texas has been mainly occupied in helping my FIL during his wife's stroke, coma and death, getting my daughter settled in at University of North Texas, visiting my frail and aging mother in California, attending a memorial weekend for my MIL and trying to cope with unpacking, sorting and redistributing 31 years of peripatetic married life being put into storage. The storage stuff has all caught up with us and is currently piled floor to ceiling in the garage. I plan to fill my days with a structured program of sorting and pricing for the mother of all garage sales, spinning, weaving and generally allowing life to catch up with me, or perhaps I shall catch up with my own life! Stay tuned for further developments.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Hi Marni,

Good to see you again. I did not know that about your FIL and MIL.

Sorry to hear about your mother recently; I loved her a lot.