Thursday, February 22, 2007

sweater or knitting project of the moment

 



Some time ago, I fell in love with a gorgeous fair isle pattern from patternworks and bought a sampler bag of 40 skeins of colored yarn, enough to complete the vest and then some.

Well the vest pattern is still waiting, and I have been using the yarn for other projects. First I made a pair of gingham tulip socks from another pattern works pattern in three shades of purple, three shades of green and white.

Recently my daughter Marie sent me a photo of some fingerless gloves a friend had and requested some for herself if I had time. In honor of the warming weather, some glorious bike rides and the coming of spring I made up this pattern.

I am currently revamping the pattern to include a pull over finger hood so I can make up a pair to wear over my biking gloves instead of pulling the sleeves of my hoody down over my hands. Of course by the time I get them made up, it will be summer and they will be redundant, but I figure I can put them away until next winter if needed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: