We have AC again, at least temporarily until all the freon leaks out.
All it needs to do is hold on until we move out at the end of the month.
The last time we got it fixed it lasted from April 4 through May 10. What the landlord really needs to do is replace the whole system, but as the kids used to say "NMP SEP" which stands for "Not my problem, someone elses problem."
I have thrown out the sadly melted candle sculptures of which there were several and the cats and dogs are no longer in the middle of the living room floor under the ceiling fan.
I made an experiment yesterday and took both our Welsh Corgi Sadie and FIl's dog Beau out for a walk at the same time. It was quite amusing in its' own twisted way. Sadie is a walker, her purpose is to cover ground on a set route. Beau is an ambler, a sniffer of sniffs and a smeller of smells, who wanders back and forth from smell to smell. I felt like I was being drawn and quartered until we finally worked out that we would walk briskly for a bit, then take a pause to let Beau sniff and smell. Every time we started up again it was like two little kids racing side by side to be first to the destination. I would end up almost trotting as Sadie sped up to show Beau just who was who and what was what, then be jerked suddenly to a stop as Beau would swerve to sniff while Sadie kept going. I guess it's the doggie version of interval training for the owner.
I hope that the eventually adapt to a middle of the road style or otherwise I may end up far more interval training and whole body stretching than is really necessary.
At least they are getting along. The cats however are still not amused by any of this.
I can't imagine what they will be like after two weeks boarding and then a move to an entirely new house, furniture arrangement, cat box location etc. I have scheduled my "19th nervous breakdown" for late July.
Today's pithy church sign "horse sense is stable thinking."
All it needs to do is hold on until we move out at the end of the month.
The last time we got it fixed it lasted from April 4 through May 10. What the landlord really needs to do is replace the whole system, but as the kids used to say "NMP SEP" which stands for "Not my problem, someone elses problem."
I have thrown out the sadly melted candle sculptures of which there were several and the cats and dogs are no longer in the middle of the living room floor under the ceiling fan.
I made an experiment yesterday and took both our Welsh Corgi Sadie and FIl's dog Beau out for a walk at the same time. It was quite amusing in its' own twisted way. Sadie is a walker, her purpose is to cover ground on a set route. Beau is an ambler, a sniffer of sniffs and a smeller of smells, who wanders back and forth from smell to smell. I felt like I was being drawn and quartered until we finally worked out that we would walk briskly for a bit, then take a pause to let Beau sniff and smell. Every time we started up again it was like two little kids racing side by side to be first to the destination. I would end up almost trotting as Sadie sped up to show Beau just who was who and what was what, then be jerked suddenly to a stop as Beau would swerve to sniff while Sadie kept going. I guess it's the doggie version of interval training for the owner.
I hope that the eventually adapt to a middle of the road style or otherwise I may end up far more interval training and whole body stretching than is really necessary.
At least they are getting along. The cats however are still not amused by any of this.
I can't imagine what they will be like after two weeks boarding and then a move to an entirely new house, furniture arrangement, cat box location etc. I have scheduled my "19th nervous breakdown" for late July.
Today's pithy church sign "horse sense is stable thinking."
No comments:
Post a Comment